- Deutsch de
- English en
The TroFilms Temptation® Digital is a polyurethane coated, biaxially oriented polypropylene foil; the backside is coated with EVA hot melt.
The EVA needs some time for optimal curing. The time for curing depends on the used base material and should be tested before further processing.
The thickness of the film is 43 µm (± 5 %); the foil can be used for materials of various kinds. The optimum processing temperature of the laminating roll is between 100 °C and 115 °C.
Properties of the film
- super-soft surface
- ultra-matt surface
- modified scratch- and scrub resistance
- good tear resistance
- improved sweat resistance
- suitable for hot stamping (test required)
- suitable for spot coatings with radical UV-curing systems (test required)
- glueable (test required / tests were made on a folder gluing machine with different water-based glues; good results were achieved).
- optimum bonding to substrate for digital printing
Each master roll is tested and logged for gloss, surface energy, bonding and coating homogeneity before,
during and after the coating process.
The reels have maximum winding and cutting quality.
At the beginning of each production process (change of varnish or film batch), a few meters get laminated and will be reviewed by our quality department.
Size and packaging
The films are available in the standard widths 315 mm, 325 mm, 350 mm, 445 mm, 450 mm and 495 mm.
Special widths can only be produced after consultation. Each roll is wound on a 3" (76.2 mm) core and have at least 1,500 running meters on it. For each splice, we deliver 50 extra service meters. The coating is on the outside of the roll; EVA is on the inside.
|THICKNESS||43 μm ± 5 %|
|FREE SURFACE ENERGY||min. 40.0 mN/m *|
|GLOSS 85°||20 ± 3 **|
* Cannot be measured exactly due to uneven structure.
** Please notice that the gloss measurement of very matt surfaces is with the geometry of 85°.
If using the geometry of 60°, the gloss value will be under one and not in the metering range anymore.